耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Monday, September 17, 2012

Twenty Five Years

Let me just start by saying , I am way too young to be married for 25 years. Or I feel to young to be married 25 years or I was a child bride. You know , child brides were very popular in NYC 25 years ago. If you would have asked me 25 years ago what my dreams and hopes for our future was, I could have never in a million years imagined the adventure that God was planning for us.
In 25 years we have-
-lived in California, Chicago, New York  & finally settled in North Carolina.
-Greg finished medical school, residency & built a practice that he loves.
-paid off both of our school loans.
-traveled to Disney World, more times than I can remember because its Greg's  happiest place on earth.
 -can't imagine how many loads of laundry, but we have gone through 3 sets of washers & dryers.
-blessed by  seven children.
-visited the ER a few times.
-got my passport.
-traveled to China 3 times.
-got my wisdom teeth out.
-watched baby teeth come in  & fall out.
-graduated 2 children from high school, one more soon to follow.
-graduated 1 child from college.
-sent one off to law school
 -have two in elemenatry school.
-still have one at home in the nest.
-lived through the the 80's ,90's and the millennium event or non event of New Years 2000.
-we have lost loved ones along the way.
-made treasured friendships.
-introduced to pagers, cell phones. iphones,  texting, emails, facebook. blogging, computers,CDs, DVDs
- went from a compact light blue Nissan Sentra without cup holders to a dark blue Chevy Suburban that we can eat. sleep and survive in to the end of time.
-kids were in car seats until they were 4, now I think they will be in carseats until  drivers ed.
-the trees I planted in our yard are towering over the potted trees I put in the ground.
-I accepted Christ as my personal Savior after many years of rejecting the gift. Many years of fighting against the truth. Many years of making it on "on my own".  Many, many mistakes along the way. But God never left me. Without Christ, I know Greg & I  could have never made it here, not on our own. We would have been lost along the way. Every day is not easy, every day is not good, but everyday is the day that God has given us. I pray that in the next 25 years  we can do things to glorify God, on our good days & bad, for better or worse, for richer or poorer. in sickness & health. So thankful today.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary! I was thinking of you today. I've missed seeing you! I hope all is going well and that your newest little sweetie is adjusting well to her new home and family.

Would love to catch up!

Blessings
Leslie

Unknown said...

What a great recap of the past years. At least you still have a great memory after all this time:)
Happy Anniversary!
Lisa Allen