耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Saturday, August 30, 2008

We are resting in the room now. I have posted several photos so click on "older posts" so that you can see them all. Shanghai is a lot cleaner than Beijing was two years ago. We shopped some and looked at the city. We walked around the river. We did not get nearly as much attention as when we were in Beijing, this is a good thing. People did stare at Lily, I think trying to figure out why the Chinese little girl was with Americans and speaking English. One shop keeper actually asked me if Lily was Chinese! When I told her yes, she said, oh so nice and gently rubbed Lily's cheek. As we are walking around our guide Laura keeps saying ,"oh, go into the shops, I will watch Lily out side" Needless to say that although our guide is very sweet and has good intentions Lily is always with one of the Brannons! The kids are traveling wonderfully. Shanghai reminds me of Chicago, in that it is a major city that has river through it with many very tall buildings. Ofcourse the are many more people and many of the buildings are much older. We leave Shanghai early tomorrow and fly off to Fujian, Cali's province.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hey Jody, I don't know how to type a squeal...so just use your imagination because I am squealing with glee. We get our daughters soon and we get to meet each soon. YIPPEE!!! I can't wait!!!

Denise said...

I am a friend of Kate's and can't wait until you get your little girl in your arms. I am enjoying this trip down memory lane as I will in China 5 months ago to get our daughter Maggie.

I am praying for you~

Jen said...

Hey Jody! I didn't realize you'd be able to keep your blog up to date while in China :) It's great to read how ya'll are doing and all the fun adventures you're having. Can't wait to meet Cali!!!

Chris said...

Hi Branni!!!!!!!!
I have been keeping up with you guys from the blog. I can feel my pulse quicken with each entry. I can't wait for pictures and posts from gotcha day!!