耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Gospel in the back seat of your car

I was on car pool line a few weeks ago, (where alot of you all spend alot of your time) and one of my kid's teachers popped his head in my car and looked in the back seat. He said with out skipping a beat-"the gospel is alive in your back seat" His two second comment has stayed with me for several weeks now. Adoption is not an "easy" journey but it does in fact bring the gospel alive! When we were in China this August I felt so close to God. I just feel like I am alive, doing His work when I am there. It is such an incredible feeling. I am not sure what the Lord has in store for me but I sure hope I get the privilege to continue to serve him.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Amen!!! Adoption is a hard road but thank goodness we have the Lord to go down the road ahead of us!!!

That is the cutest Gospel I have ever seen in the back of your car!! :)

HeatherV said...

Hi Jody, You & I had talked this summer before you traveled and after our precious little boy passed away. I wanted to share with you that we did decide to adopt again and after a much longer then expected court process we passed. We are hoping to leave in under 4 weeks to bring our son home. I have pics of him up on our blog - he is a cutie. Please pass on the information to your husband as well. We are moving to CA shortly after coming home (God's timing was SO involved in this) so I won't be seeing him anymore to tell him in person. This journey has challenged and changed us so much. We can't wait to hold our son in our arms. Thanks for talking to me that day. It helped as you listened and did not judge. Happy 2009.

Donna said...

What a wonderful comment for him to have, when so many can be negative. The gal cutting Lainey's hair last night was oohing and ahhing over her and her first question was how much did it cost. Blech.