耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Open The Door!

Sometimes when things are going along God knocks on your door. You open it slightly, maybe out of curiosity. Then walk away. Then He knocks a bit louder and opens the door a bit wider and still I look and think hum,interesting. Then a few weeks again, a knock then again a few months later until finally I say "Oh, You were talking to me?" I guess I didn't know you were talking to me, or I guess I did not know what exactly you wanted me to do about her. Until the last piece of the many pieces of the puzzle and I got a call that literally said, "Jody, we have a file with your name on it!" And so the story, our story, her story continues. If you have not guessed by now we are adopting...again. Please don't role your eyes...I see enough of that in my real life. I rolled my own eyes about this too , at some point but then I prayed for God to open the door or close the door and I will be obedient to Him. And He burst that door wide open so here we go again. This will make seven children for us, never in my plan to have seven children. I know we are not the perfect family nor and I the perfect mom. One day I was really feeling like the "very not perfect mom" and a commercial came on about foster care and it said, "These kids do not need the perfect parent, they need you". So yes I know we are not the perfect parents with the perfect kids but we are the parents and the family that has been chosen, blessed, given the privilage of, given the honor of adopting this little girl. And for that I am thankful. I can honestly say (and for those of you who know me from my teenage years) can attest to that I have regrets. But I have be forgiven, we are all forgiven. I am a new creation in Jesus Christ. For that I am thankful. One thing I have never regretted is is the gift of my children. But I know that if I did not obey God about this adoption that I would live with the regret for my lifetime. The paper work is incredible, the financial commitment is large, the adjustment may not be easy but the blessings will far outway all of these obstacles. Why do I feel like I need to explain all this,not really sure. Guess I don't want to see your eyes roll in person. Maybe because one of my prayers through all this would be that you, my friend, also listen and do what God is knocking on your door and telling you what He wants you, his adopted child, to do for His kingdom.

5 comments:

Anne Devlin said...

yea!!! no eye rolls here (how dare they - must be because they don't know the truth like we do...) but only excitement for your family and especially the new little one who will be joining you :-)

Joanie said...

So excited for you Jody!!! There are days I really want another child. If I were a year or two younger, I would go back to Korea. I think I've reached the age limit? I would go back for another boy. I think Katie would be too jealous to have a sister! Congratulations! I want to hear more about where, when etc..

trustandobey said...

You know how we feel about this....elation!!! And I can attest to the obstacles and the truth that the blessings so far outweigh them all. I could NOT be any happier for you all and for the newest lamb. Any pictures to post???

Glenda said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I really didn't see that one coming so soon. I just knew you would again, but didn't figure now, and you didn't mention a word when I saw you Tues?? How could you keep it in? I'm obviously thrilled, although a little jealous. Now you'll have more kiddos than me, bummer! Congratulations my dear friend, I'm so privileged to be watching and praying for you as you walk this journey!

ourbeautifulfamily said...

Jody and Greg
Doug and I would never roll our eyes at you because we know where your heart lies and the listening to God's calling. You both should be proud because you have raised some amazing children with such mortals and values. This new child brought into your home will receive so much love and affection especially spiritual foundation. Congraduation!!!