耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Sunday November 6th, Orphan Sunday

So here I am again, it is Orphan Sunday. Why is there a day we call Orphan Sunday? I am assuming someone started this to raise awareness for the plight of the millions of orphans around the world. For me right now I feel like I am on stand by. I read other blogs and they are so on fire. On fire to help, to adopt, to raise funds, to go and be missionaries in orphanages in far off lands. I look at my two girls and I am amazed at their resilience, strength, love. I know it all comes from God. Other wise it would simply be unexplainable. As we embark on another adoption i feel so many emotions-excitement, fear, uneasiness, frustration, sadness, happiness, love, loneliness, togetherness, overwhelmed, sure, unsure ...do you get the picture...a bit of everything...I know that Satan fills me with all the negatives and God is all good.
Today our Pastor was teaching us that all of the bumps, u-turns, struggles, valleys, are orchestrated by God so that we can see His glory in everything. Some days I feel like I am in a valley, on top of a valley, traveling on a smooth road and then on a "caution ahead" flashing sign ahead. But I need to remember, believe that it is ALL for the good of God, all of the time!
Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I am glad I know his purpose for me, for right now anyway...

1 comment:

tricia said...

Jodi, thanks for sharing. This journey is so very full of valleys and peaks. Praying for you my friend as you wait. God is faithful through it all! Tricia