耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Tuesday, July 22, 2008


As I sit here in NC far away from my daughter and feeling a bit sad that the wait continues I will pose a thought here that I prayed about and wondered aloud only to my DH. For those of us adopting from China and have our little ones in foster care, do you ever think that as we pray for our children to come "home" that their foster parents who have cared for (Cali) for almost two years pray to have just one more day with her? They have loved her, spoon feed her, and hold her through the night. I ponder this for many reasons...one because the wait has been too long for me, but just the right time for God. I think about what could I say to someone who has given Cali what they have given her? I do not know. I have talked with foster parents here in the States and their hearts are for the children and what huge hearts they have. I wish one day that both Cali and I will be able to thank her foster parents for what they have given her-their hearts. For that I will be forever thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying it out loud Jodi. I definitely have thought the same thoughts for foster parents and special nannies. Our joy is their sorrow in many ways. I am praying for you as you wait. I can't wait to meet Cali! Tricia