耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Thursday, October 23, 2008


The weather is getting chilly and the leaves are turning vivid clors of red, gold and purple. I love the fall, always have, I loved buying school supplies, loved wearing a sweater, the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is no different for me now. I still love new crayons, wearing a sweater and anticipating the holidays. Even more now. The outside world seems so angry right now. Christians being beaten and killed around the world and our politics-how hateful. I am enjoying being able to exit myself from some of it by embrasing our newest addition and learning to be a different, even more colorful family. I am now sitting here pondering the ills of our fallen world and Lily just ran in to give me my space helmet (baby wipe) so that I can go in her space rocket ship. And this is the life. God knows each of us so very well. Please excuse me I have to put my rocket seat belt on.
Well Ni Hao KiLan is on TV now so I was allowed off the rocket ship. We safely traveled to the moon and back..
Life is good for us right now but there does seem to be so much suffering going on. Ofcourse my thoughts go to the babies left behind in so many places with no family in sight. No Mommies to keep them warm in the winter or hold them through the night. Take a moment and pray for them. I know God has a plan for them. It is our job, each and everyone of us to pray them. Does that seem out of line, me telling you to pray for the orphan, well if you are a believer then it is not me telling you. It is clearly written in the bible that we are to take care of the widow and orphan. I know that not all of us can adopt but you can pray the orphan.
God is constant for all of us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful post. I am praying daily for my LynnMarie and the others waiting for their forever families!!!

God is constant

Sherrie said...

Oh my goodness!! I am in tears!!! Is it enough to adopt one little orphan. My heart is bursting with love for our little princess. If everyone who says that they wish they could adopt or really wanted to adopt but just didn't know if they could do it would just open their hearts and let God speak to them and help them through. It is so hard to think about the little ones left behind...their faces will always live in my mind. Thanks for reminding me to pray for them. I will never be the same again because of an orphan!!

Love yall....thanks for the pics!!!

Unknown said...

I am praying. God has so radically changed my heart because He allowed us the privilege of caring for two of his cherished orphans. Thanks for sharing Jodi. Praying right along with you. Tricia