耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Waiting

So excited to be DTC (documents to China), officially! The happy dance was short lived.
I received an email from our adoption agency informing the new DTC families that the wait from DTC to travel is now estimated at 5-9 months. I was and still am so sad. So many emotions within just a few hours, but that is adoption. I should know the emotional drill by now.
But there is such a beautiful God that prepares us for the lows too. The past few weeks at church our pastor has been teaching us about what was going on before the birth of Jesus (it is now less than a week before Christmas) basically in the lives of Mary and her cousin Elizabeth, John the Baptist's mother. Just points that are so clear to me this morning. Elizabeth had to wait over 50 years for a child that she most likely had prayed for each and everyday until the hope was gone. She was now most likely in her 80s, well past her child bearing years. She was gossiped about and even perhaps shunned because in those days you were considered to have done something wrong since you could not conceive a child. Perhaps she had some deep dark hidden sin so God was punishing her. Poor Elizabeth. Until, ALL IN GOD'S TIMING Elizabeth did conceive-John. John, cousin to Jesus and the one who would tell 1000's about Jesus. John was literally the one the God chose to prepare people for Jesus, and he was the one Elizabeth was to deliver!!
13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
So yes, I am sad that our family and Mia may have to wait a few extra months to be united BUT I do have the hope, trust and love of God that I know he has great plans for each of us.
And honestly after writing this, in this short time. I am not nearly as sad as I was. I am excited to see the plans that God has for me. Thank you, God for making this so much clearer today than it was last night.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

So sorry, Jody. Waiting just plain stinks! But, you have a wonderful attitude, that I know can only come from the Lord. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to hear about it at our next playgroup!