耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Cali is kissing!

Cali is officially kissing us...Lily got the first kiss-what a blessing to see them together. Lily has had a couple of melt downs but considering she is 3, flown half way around the world, eating new foods, strange beds to sleep in, lots of new and strange noises, smells and people, and is running a low fever, well I can say that we have all had a melt down and Lily is more than entitled to have hers. But they are few and quickly over. Today Lily asked, "So who gave me to you?" I answered "Jesus gave you to me" Lily said, "Oh, yeah, just like Cali" Yes, my sweet Lily only our Jesus could have given you and Cali to me. Some one told me on this trip, "Children are the spares that God sends down to us"
This trip has been a lot less exhausting for me then our last trip to China. The province of Fujian was beautiful and a treasure to explore. We did not do the typical touring that we did the first time. Since we were the only family in Fujian we just walked around and I tried to memorize the city. We are in GZ this week. I have fallen in love with the city. The architecture is beautiful. Years ago it was home to many foreign consulates. It reminds me of Charleston, SC.
Tomorrow we will take Cali to the official health clinic visit. All should go fine. Have I mentioned that Cali's palate is CLOSED. We have looked and looked and there is NO opening. No evidence of surgery, except on her lip. She confidently sucks through a straw and can sing sweet songs. No open palate...thank you God for your small and large miracles in this journey.
We are with a few other families now that we are in GZ. They are all lovely. Some of the children are having a harder time adjusting then others but all have made great strides already. Trust and Obey...

No comments: