耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Sunday, September 21, 2008

We are learning to be a family of 6 kids...

Things are beginning to look like our family again. Cali has made it to my favorite places-the grocery store, Target, Panera,CCS and church. She has seen her first CCS soccer game and football game. She made it to, but slept through Greyson's soccer game. She has had her first peds visit and visited Greg's office. The peds visit was not too much fun but you gotta do what you gotta do... Cali is beginning to say English words and understand simple phases like- give me a kiss, and she puckers up! Yeah! She can waive bye bye and says it too. She says hello and sings in Chinese. Lily is having a hard time adjusting to having a new sibling. There are glimpses of peace from time to time but Lily is having a hard time. I think it is also that she is three, had terrible jet lag, and well it is just a big adjustment. The older kids have been great trying to give Lily extra attention but during the day when it is just me, it is hard. I have been trying to get Cali on some kind of a nap schedule. Some days she goes down and some days not. But when we hit the one week mark of getting home and it was the turning point for learning day is day and night is night. Greg and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary on 9/19. Greg, me, Lily and Cali went out for dinner. What a 21 years it has been. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined a life like this. God has protected me all those years when I had my back to him. I pray that as my children grow and perhaps turn their backs to me or stray that they too will know that God and I have always loved them. I try my best to protect my children but the reality they are God's children that He so kindly has let me borrow and it is He who protects them day in and day out.
Thank you all who have prayed for us and continue to pray for us during this adjustment time.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Happy 21st Anniversary!!!

Nai Nai said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I'm so glad things are beginning to be some what normal again. Sophie has been such a sweet thrill to me, even though she is still hands off she can be very sweet and funny. I have 6 grands that live away so I am thrilled that I can be a Nai Nai to Sophie. Thanks again for being a sweet friend to Sherri. Love reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Hey Jody - I really like the analogy that adding a new child is like adding a piece to a mobile. It takes a while for all to stabilize! Hang in there. It will get better as all adjust to being a family with 6 kids. Hope to see you soon. Tricia