耶稣说:"我就是道路,真理,生命;若不借着我,没有人能到父那里去"(约14:6)
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life; if not through me, and no one can come to the Father" (John 14:6)

Isaiah 43:5

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west"

Friday, October 02, 2009

Thankful day number 2












I am a wife, mother,sister and daughter. Today I am thankful for my mother and all she is to me. She will never read this because she does not own a computer, does not use the ATM, no drive-thrus and just learned how to use her cell phone. She is beautiful and full of life. She spreads mulch in her garden and scrubs her windows. She was a widow in her mid 40's and never dated again. She said she found her one true love and that was enough for her. She had to get a job and raise the 3 of us on her own. Her future plans changed but she eventually rose to the occasion. She moved into Manhattan for a fresh start and lived there for about 15 years until she retired and moved south to be closer to me and her much loved grandkids.She bought her first house at age 65. She started to drive again (not much need to drive in NYC). She loves each of my children equally. She still worries about me. She cooks dinner and leaves it in my fridge once a week. We have coffee together and catch up on family gossip. She attends most of my kids sporting events. She always has a basket of candy for my DH and children in her frig. She makes us Sunday dinner and takes such joy in serving us.I look at her and marvel at all she has been through in her life and I am honored that she is my mother.

4 comments:

HeatherV said...

What a great thing to do. I used to write in a journal every day about something that I was happy or thankful for. Puts everything in to perspective when you realize all you have to be thankful for. What a beautiful entry about your mother!

Anita said...

What beautiful things to say about your mum - she sounds like a very special person!

Colleen said...

Thank you for reminding us all to be thankful. What a beautiful entry-we love Grandma Rita! XOXOXOXO

Sherrie said...

oh I love your Mom too....she is precious and makes me smile!!!! I wish that you could bring her with you. I can't wait to plan a trip to NYC with you and we will have to take your mom with us!!!!